Sunday 27 April 2014

How To Book A Speaker eBook now available for "FREE" dowmload

To download your free copy, simply go to www.theentertainers.com.au and see the right side of the home page, fill in the details and the book is yours.

Here are the acknowledgements which we always love reading.

------------------------------------------------------

When I examined the process of writing this eBook, I was quite surprised by the speed by which pages came together.

I was once told about a gentleman by the name of Malcolm Gladwell.   In his book “Outliers”, he describes “The Ten Thousand Hour Rule”, which describes that providing you have the fundamental basics right, you can reach greatness in any given field, by practicing tasks relevant to that chosen field for a total of ten thousand hours.

That law kept me going when times were tough! Let me say that I have not spent ten thousand hours on writing, but it’s the time that I have spent around talent, conferences, events, Theatre, Arts, as a Bureau Owner, Bureau Employee, Manager, Producer, Writer, Director, Theatre Owner and Event Coordinator.

The gentleman who shared this most valuable lesson with me was Lawrie Montague, a Keynote Speaker whom I worked with for a number of years.

In fact, had I missed the rare opportunity of spending time with someone like Lawrie, I would not be writing this book or running a Speaker Bureau called The Entertainers!

I thank you Lawrie more than you will ever know! I value our friendship greatly.

My wonderful wife and business partner Michelle Burgan, whose work ethic is a site to behold, I love you and thank you for your patience, intelligence and practical approach to challenges, which seem to me sometimes impossible. You are a star Michelle, our greatest asset and a wonderfully rounded and generous soul.

Fiona Wrigley, thank you for making straight my crooked writing. I have learnt that without an editor who understands the subject matter, what the writer is trying to say and what the reader needs to hear, the opportunity is lost. I look forward to working with you again on the next book.

To the Speakers who gave me feedback throughout the writing, Keith Abraham (CSP), Justin Baird, Tansel Ali, Sam McCool, thanks guys your feedback was invaluable.

Lastly, I want to thank my Father Terry Burgan (Snr) for being such a brilliant father and sympathetic ear. Eternally grateful to you for giving me the skills and personality that I am fortunate to have.



No comments:

Post a Comment