Sunday 27 April 2014

Launch of eBook "How to Book a Speaker"

LAUNCH OF EBOOK 28TH APRIL 2014

The information contained within is based purely on my experiences as a writer, producer, director, talent agent, Speaker employee, theatre restaurant owner and my current post, Managing Director and owner of the Speaker Bureau, The Entertainers Australia, and a whole lot of other experiences in between.

The contents of this document are a collection of thoughts and views gleaned from providing Speakers to our clients. I trust the document will become a useful reference on How to Book a Speaker. The order of the subject matter is in some instances arbitrary, while in others, the order of actions is completely crucial to a better all-round result for your effort. I do not advocate that our way is the right way! This document is merely a reference guide for those who are interested in booking talent, those who book Speakers as part of their work, and those looking to pursue a career in our industry.

One of the major reasons I wrote this document is simple. I was interested in finding out what information was available online regarding this subject matter, so I searched “How to Book A Speaker” online and up popped a number of Speaker Bureau advertisements. My thoughts turned to people who had recently entered the wonderful world of event management and I started looking for references and information on industry sites. Apart from a few scattered documents, I did not come up with anything as substantial as the document you are reading.

Now the world is a pretty big place, so perhaps my search was not as thorough as it could have been. There are also a few great books out of the US which teach for example, how to become a Speaker and work with Speaker Bureaus (Lilly & Dottie Walters “Speak and Grow Rich”2).

Certainly I do not claim this document to be the “holy grail” of how to book a Speaker. Perhaps also I will miss some salient point herein; I may even trip up now and again with regards to being perhaps a little awkward grammatically. What I can promise is a condensed, honest and transparent account of my experience as a Speaker Bureau owner.

I trust you will enjoy How To Book A Speaker. Please take what you can for your own purposes and please feel free to send me your feedback, good or bad, to this email address: enquire@theentertainers.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment